vansmack
PPCGeeks Regular

vansmack is keeping up the good workvansmack is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First week with the Hero, coming from the Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowen View Post
- Exchange mail doesn't seem like it is "Push". Mails "seem" to be delayed compared to Gmail.
You are correct here. Android does not have full ActiveSync support, it only scratches at the surface at what MS would call "full ActiveSync support." There are thrid party products out there that will fix this. Be happy that your phone can at least communicate with the servers as some companies block phones that don't have full support.

Quote:
- Why is the email program different between gmail and exchange? The Gmail version annoys me.
GMail is a completely separate app from the other email app. Google has much more control over their servers so they have a separate app they can develop in conjunction.

Quote:
- Lag is KILLING me!
When I first went to 2.1, I didn't see much lag. Now a week in and I can't hang up a call and make a second call from the "phone" screen for at least 30 seconds, sometimes longer. This was identical to 1.5 and a major disappointment in this phone.

Quote:
- Why doesn't the phone disable the touch screen when you put the phone to your ear and re-enable it when you take it away?
Hmm, mine does. It vibrates when I hold it vertically to let me know it's in non touch mode and removes itself when I hangup or the call ends. Calibrate your G-Sensor: Settings->Sound and Disply->G-Sensor Calibration (at the bottom)

Quote:
- Why can't you adjust the timing for the screen shutting off and the phone locking separate?
Good question, though I haven't thought of why I would need that, but for some it's a good option.

Quote:
- When you enable the pattern lock why is there two lock screens? (the pattern and the slide one)
To keep you from pocket dialing 911?
This post has been thanked 1 times.