View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 02:05 PM
fishingmedic
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [05-26-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21892.5.0.89]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt4inSC View Post
Flyers,
Please give me a lesson here, by having new kernals does that mean that the device will run faster or have better power management? What all is effected? I know the rom will be great as always.... just curious
Srt, please don't expect a true and logical answer from Flyers... the only kernels he knows anything about are popcorn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
I'm not sure what they mentioned, but I have always noticed a couple little bugs with my 4/22 flash of Mr.X ROM. For instance, when I go to type a text message in threaded mode, sometime the text entry box will only be one like tall instead of two lines tall and it won't scroll to the next line, so I can't read what I'm typing. But more predominantly, I just notice how slow and laggy text entry is on this ROM. I know that it has always been an issue for WM in general, but on the 4/10 ROM, I didn't feel it this bad. I even cleared all of my texts last night - sent, received, and deleted texts. Actual input seen on the screen is still about 3 or 4 words behind my input.
I've been running X's ROM's and I've never had a significant slowdown, unless you are actually receiving a text while you're typing, if not, I've never seen a lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
I mean, this is great because I love updates... but why haven't we gotten to 21899 yet? NRG is on 21904 now. I'm not going to switch from Mr. X ROM, but I just thought it would be more of a jump in SYS build.
As everyone else has said, there's a reason for sticking with X. They're stable. If you want the absolute latest and greatest just because it's got a newer number, there are plenty of others out there. But I think X's reputation speaks for itself.
This post has been thanked 3 times.