View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Recursion
Rockin' the Red!!

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Check my math: Cost to move from a TP2 to an Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Not true. The lack of power or any displacement whatsoever in the A18 motor is disappointing, and the VTEC and DOHC hurt it for FI. People have been trying to turbo them since the motor came out and they still can't keep up with most of the quicker cars on the road. It's not as nice as the older Civic motors without VTEC, where you can boost the piss out of it comfortably and walk a WRX. Either way, the 2009+ WRX's are much much faster than the old ones. The old ones would run high 14's in the 1/4. I took mine to the track after I hit 1000 miles and I ran 13.6 pretty easily and I have no idea how to launch AWD. I saw a video somewhere where some professionals got 13.3 out of it, bone stock, and that's impressive. The old WRX had ~220 HP, not sure on TQ, but the new ones are 265HP and 244TQ I believe, and from the stock dynos I've seen, those numbers are underrated by Subaru. A stage 2 09 WRX can walk a stage 2 07 STI, haha.

I still miss my '05 Mustang GT though. I spent like $600 on mods on that car and was running 12.7 @ 107 lol
LOL@Car talk...

...okay, try this: construct an air box with an in & out line & insert it between your air channel. Mount it securely. Construct a smaller box around the top half of a large heatsink (heat exchanger) with fins on both sides, so one set of fins are sticking out of the smaller box and the other fins are within the smaller box. Size a hole in the air box to receive the exposed fins, seal around sides well. Add nice chunk of dry-ice on top of fins in smaller box.

Result: Super cooled air ... BIG bangz!!

Works on *any* motor!!