View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 08:22 AM
toddpedersen
Regular 'Geeker

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

After installing the new ROM, did you run Quick GPS? That has always worked for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolin View Post
sorry for the long delay, been flashing back and forth and may24 stuff.

GPS seems dead, yet another reason for me to dump this thing.

Last ROM I was on 02102010 I SIM unlocked, not from the SPL unlockers but someone else (mobilein____ you know who ) as I was using with Rogers 2G, everything worked like a charm. Now I hadn't tried GPS for a bit so it may have been broken for a while but it was working on the last ROM (02102010) at some point.

So I have flashed back to it (02102010) and still no dice on the GPS, the other thing that seems to stopped working was the pulling of the voicemail number automatically for Rogers, it just keeps using my TELUS # as the number where as before it would switch when I switched modes (again broken on both ROMs now). So then I thought I would flash without the SIM in so the phone was not confused on auto provision as over the number of flashes it first comes up Rogers sometimes and TELUS some other times, I guess its whatever network responds first when in Global mode which seems to be the default when there is a SIM in. Still no dice without a SIM on either 02102010 or 05242010, so I am going to write it off as hardware broken, as I dont see how a ROM flash would do anything to the GPS. I have no idea on the VM access number being the TELUS # and the Rogers one not appearing.

Sigh just another reason to order an N1 now instead of holding out for the Triumph, been holding out using Rogers 2G on the TP2, but I think it maybe time.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!