ghost_deini
Lurker

ghost_deini is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why sound isn't working on the TP2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownforce View Post
Kushiel, I'm not sure that the Topaz drivers being disassembled are going to help us here. Correct me if i'm wrong here, but my guess is that the topaz and the rhodium translate the audio signals differently... however, I'm sure it won't hurt to have a fully disassembled topaz driver

Also judging by the first post here I would guess that what they are looking for is to figure out the way it activates the QDSP5000 processor, currently when they are trying to activate it using a "known" or "common" method, it doesn't respond.

I don't know much about either topics, but I would say that there's where we need to start, how to invoke the processor itself so that it will respond to the calls made to it.

But, assuming I'm correct in that the topaz and rhodium deal with sound differently in their drivers, it also might be a good idea to get a copy of the rhodiums driver rather than the topaz's driver... If needed, I can see about pulling it from my phone or re-compiling the file from the sys files...
You can't move the wavdev.dll from your phone(i was trying for almost a day) b/c its part of the execute in place kernel, XIP, of winmo. So I went into the irc and phh told me to google topaz oem drivers. As he is one of the most involved devs I did not question him.