View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Biofall
Regular 'Geeker

Biofall is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
Probably a manila tweak or something like that, but I couldn't say for sure without knowing exactly what you're installing. I would suggest installing them one by one until you find the culprit.

Must be a personal issue (or my TP2 was blessed by virgins or something) because I've never had a SOD on my phone, no matter how fast or loaded with cool apps it is.

(this bit is a general statement, not directed at anyone, so don't jump under the whaamobile.) Remember kids, there's always the occasional bad dish served, but if a restaurants menu is always bad the cook would be fired.

Also, if a ROM was sooo incredibly unstable for all users, it probably wouldn't be one of the most popular ROMs for actual power users, hackers and tweakers. A lot of people base their mods on NRG ROMs, a new benchmark would surely come forward to take the place, were the ROM so bad.

If this ROM series is generally soo bad for you it's probably something you're doing to it, just think about that. No chef can account for you liking to put ketchup on your prime rib, or ice cream in your guinness. And your soup isn't cold because it came that way, it was you sitting there throwing ice cubes in it.

That being said - Are you people that are having problems with the 5/22 ROMs trying this on a fresh load or after you've imported all your XDA_UC cr4p (er, I mean, programs, tweaks, delicious registry files and so on)? Have you tried running it for a while without any other things installed/imported? Did it function more efficiently running it bare (no SOD, random manila lockups, etc...)?

I think we all need to remember that it's hard to help someone that says something like

OMG WTFBBQCHEEZBURGER THIS ROM SUXX!!!

But it's much easier to help someone when they say

I'm running 5/22 23xxx with manila 2.5 and this *insert issue here*is happening. I have installed bla bla bla and imported these registry settings... I have (not) performed a soft reset to see if my issue goes away....

There was a period of time where that was the standard way people posted their issues on sites like this, not because people were trying to be thread nazi's across the forum but because people actually some decent answers to their issues while also saving everyone else the time of asking, wondering, or flat out just ignoring the post. Think of it, if person b isn't willing to take the time to write out an extra sentence or two about what they're running, why should person d take the time to give them the solution?

Man: "Doctor, my tooth's junk, fix it!"
Doctor: "umm, what toot..."
Man: "IT'S JUNK FIX IT!"

/me waits for someone to point out a grammatical error or something in hopes of disproving my entire point.
I'm going to have to say "well said" and +1 you on this. I was going to get on here and complain that the 5/22 was freezing.. Then I soft resetted, quit opening all my shiz, and just let it be free.. It worked beautifully, so I'm just kinda taking it slow to see what MY problem is
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
This post has been thanked 1 times.