View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 07:01 PM
boredandtattooed
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: File Sync Phone to Laptop Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbyham View Post
I understand how As works. I now use both BT and USB - depends on the situaiton. Connecting and syncing is not the problem. The problem is when a file that is already set to sync is changed in terms of contents on th elaptop, why doesn't AS pick that up and sync the latest version? My testing indicates I have to manually drag and drop the edited file to the AS sync files folder on the laptop before it will send the latest version to the phone. I would have thought once the sync was set up on the laptop that AS would be smart enough to recognize a change and update the edited file to the phone. Sorry if I was unclear. It is complicated...
its not complicated at all.. your expectations of AS is just way to high.. AS isnt an exchange server..

nothing can be synced(file/content wise) without going through the desktop folder AS creates for your device.. there are BT options,even those still have to be transefered to the desktop folder.. they just get transferred to your phone via BT instead of hooking up USB.. the point being,everything goes tp the desktop folder first, no matter how your transferring after the fact..