View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 05:09 PM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

I have been running the Dec 16th Dusk ROM since the day it came out.

Up until just recently, it worked perfectly & I had no reason to update any further (although I love flashing as much as the next guy, when I find a perfect setup I devote my time to other things for a while)

A week or so ago, I realized I could no longer receive MMS (VZ service). I could send them fine & my SMS was fine both ways, but MMS started to say "unable to download" for some reason.

I tried every fix I could think of (imnuts arcsoft, disable HTC messaging etc etc) but NOTHING worked.

I don't really care about MMS, I send/receive about three a year but it irritates me when a feature stops working that always worked just fine before.

I decided to make a current SPB BU, flash to the latest NRG, see what had changed as far as MMS goes & then flash back to the Dusk ROM (I still have it in my LT). I flashed the 5/16 standard 2.5 ROM, did the "enable server edit" reg edit so I could see the VZ server settings & was planning to flash back to DUSK again (I really didn't feel like reinstalling all my cabs etc again at this point)

The thing is, before I flashed back I started noticing so many cool little things in this ROM, I decided to bite the bullet & reinstall all my cabs/apps etc & stay with the new ROM & see how I liked it.

Now, I am sold--This ROM is awesome!! I changed a few things like the WP, taskbar icons etc

but really haven't changed things too much & I feel like I just bought a brand new phone.

I was considering the Incredible until I realized how many of my current favorite apps (like Slingbox, Sirius Radio, TV out etc etc etc) don't work in Android.

Now, I will be happy to use this TP2 for another six months or more anyway

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.