nyCecilia
PPCGeeks Regular

nyCecilia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Hate Winmo For these reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Ok, I hate Apple as much as most on this site, if not more, but this is not a very true statement. The iPhone is not a dumbphone. lol
I disagree, although not because of any hate of Apple. (don't tell anyone, but I do have a mac at home)

What makes the iPhone not so dumb is its apps...which get spread all over the place in a dumb manner. They're soooo difficult to organize, no way to prioritize (except maybe the four at the bottom). If you want anything that works differently from what Apple wants you to have or to add any functionality to it, you have to have pages and pages of those things, all the same size, in no particular order, and always added in no particular order. Pretty dumb, no?

There is also so little customizing permitted on the iPhone that you can't even say that the phone can be customized. Adding apps isn't customizing. Customizing would be adding folders so that you can organize those apps. And even if you accepted apps as a customization, Apple has control of this and strong arms you into following their rules, even though you purchased the phone free and clear. That's also pretty dumb, at least from my POV, even if pretty smart from Apple's POV.

Ok, so maybe calling the iPhone a dumbphone is a little over the top, but it's not so smart, either Or maybe things have changed since the last time I played with one.