View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 02:51 PM
FastRX8
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
Just spoke with my local sprint rep and was told this bombshell....

In addition to the extra charges (10.00 for 4G and 29.00 for hotspot wifi sharing) if you buy an EVO in an area with 3G only your data plan will be limited to 5 gb's on your hotspot. If you buy it in a 4G area you will have unlimited data on your hotspot.

I don't understand this one but I think that is rediculous!
Pretty sure that's wrong. I can't see how they would be able to police that.
It's no different than someone in 4G who's got no coverage in their office building and uses 3G all day. They wouldn't be capped at 5gb.

I'd be willing to bet my future EVO's that it's not true. The rep that told you that is pretty much completely mistaken.

However, now that it's been posted on a forum, it will spread like wildfire. Soon we'll have new discussions popping up about how lame Sprint is because they're capping 3G markets.

Eventually, it will be posted as fact somewhere.