View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 02:43 PM
slopokdave
Halfway to VIP Status

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
slopokdave basically answered your question, but I just wanted to add to it so it's clear for anyone in a similar situation.

If you plan to pay full price for the phone, you can buy it anywhere you like and still get it activated to your account.
Whether it be, BB, RS, Ebay, or some guy in a back alley selling them out of a trunk. As long as the ESN is clean (which a new phone would be) you can get any Sprint phone from any source and simply swap it for your existing phone.

The discussions about buying them at BB/RS or anywhere else are more centered around the fact that people want to be able to get them on their contracts and take advantage of the discounts for upgrading. There are no issues if you're paying full price.
Good point...

If you are buying it retail, without any rebates, either from Sprint $449.99 or from Best buy with the Sprint price match would probably be best.

I'm sure that RS will price match too from their $499.99 price, but I have no idea.... I don't shop there.