View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 11:06 AM
jadedame
PPCGeeks Regular

jadedame is keeping up the good workjadedame is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What's the point?

I completely agree with heydr. Unless you're an enthusiast about your phone and the many many many capabilities that it CAN have compared to the stock version, then you really wouldn't be interested in flashing ROMS.

The imagio is my very first smart phone and I'm one of those that really wants to understand everything my phone can do for me, whether i want to use those functionalities or not. Custom ROMS gives you so much more options all the while making the phone fast and easier to use. With the stock ROMS, you just keep adding more and more .cabs (or change the manila files which is crazy to get into) in order to really customize your phone to the way you want it to look and perform better and that really hogs up the memory which makes the phone slows down much on functionality. I was really happy w/ JMart's tweaks for the original ROM but it really does not beat the fastness of a custom ROM with everything already cooked in and you don't have to worry about hogging more memory for customization.

Although there are issues with the chefs' ROMS, most of them really do look into them based on users' inputs and they do provide feedbacks. I can almost guarantee if you ask anyone whether they would go back to their original verizon ROM after they've flashed, they would say hek no simply because they are so use to the features that these custom ROMS have made available. I know for sure that i will never go back to the original