View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 10:27 AM
spetrillo
VIP Member
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
Steve - I installed the updated rom. Modem Link still gives me that same error... "Unable to connect... blah blah blah... hardware failure something something..." Thanks for trying to figure it out for me. Maybe in a future build.

Here's a question - after working on the modem link issue, I did a full restore from SPB Backup. Does that mean that I basically reverted to the previous rom? Or do I still retain the new improvements of this rom? After flashing a new rom - can you do a restore from SPB? So far it is working great. But if I upgraded by downloading and then downgraded by restoring - well - I don't want to do that.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks for your advice.
If you restore your entire ROM with SPB then unless the backup is my ROM you will have overlaid it. If you only backup a piece with SPB then only that might be overlaid.

I will put Modem Link on the back burner for now, as I have some 21903 issues I need to work through. Once I get things more organized I will come back to the Modem Link issue. I have to say if you are paying $30 for tethering don't you think that is alot on top of the data plan you are paying for? I pay $30 for my data plan and would never let VZW squeeze me for more. VZW have bigger fish to fry than a person using their data plan for tethering.
This post has been thanked 1 times.