Thread: Slow question
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 04:46 PM
cmajewsk
VIP Member

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Slow question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacr3d View Post
Hello,

I've been installing ROM's for awhile and love the customization people bring to the table. Problem is every time I install a new ROM its always fast (generally), but eventually becomes sluggish. I delete and purge off old text messages and it makes a small difference in speed and I do restart my phone often. Is there anything I'm missing here? or does this happen to others?

If not can you give me a few pointers on what I should be looking for.

Thanks!!
tl,dr: Flash a new ROM

Yes, constantly. Every time I flash (after performing a task29 of course) the ROM that loads is fairly responsive for me...for a time. After a while Sense slows down, I cannot switch between apps quickly, overall just a lot of sluggishness. Even after a soft reset, things slow down again, even more quickly. I’ve tried everything – I use Memaid and have set it to both “Speed” and “Extreme Speed” settings, the HTC Performance app, etc…Then when I cannot do anymore, that's about the time I hunt for a new ROM. Usually I stick with one chef (NRGZ) to make it easier be up and running with all my apps and tweaks via Sashimi, and XDA_UC (NRGZ makes all this really easy and also has a Settings Exporter app). But right now I am on vin's Plutonium 23569 build since darren.wilson was talking it up. I like it. Like all ROM’s it’s got it’s quirks, and coming into a new ROM you have to know what the fixes that are required to be installed, so you don’t come off like a n00b asking questions that are answered the 2nd or 3rd post…