View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 07:50 PM
burtonsnow8
Tree Trunk Killa

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: Flash a ROM or not?

USC is CDMA, so this is the right spot to be at. IT all boils down to personal preference.

Most of the WM 6.5 2.5 ROMs are very flashy and useful. The home screen quick links are great, the new weather animations are cool, but they also start eating up a lot of RAM. After about 2 days of use I'm around 65% and can lock up my phone if I start accessing multiple programs at once (opera, messaging, music, etc). If I keep it to 1-2 programs there seems to be no issues.

At the end of the day it will boil down to how you want your phone to function. The WM 6.1 2.1 roms are extremely stable and do not eat huge chunks of RAM, whereas the 6.5 2.5 ROMs are more flash and function at the loss of some speed/responsiveness.