View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 08:45 PM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My personal opinion is that touch-screens are great when you want to do something complicated, but are VERY over-rated when it comes to basic phone functions.

As far as I'm concerned, the more buttons the better. That's the biggest gripe I have with the iPhone- no physical buttons means you rely ENTIRELY on the touchscreen for all functions.

Why is this a problem?
Try using it without looking. Try putting the phone on silent in your pocket, or dialing a number in your car while keeping your eyes on the road. Try using it in direct sunlight.
There are some things that are just plain BETTER to do with real buttons.

For the brief moments that I was playing with the touch, I found that the lack of physical buttons really bothered me. Not just the keyboard, I mean on the device.

At the same time, the Touch is stylish as hell and has more memory. Dialing on the mogul isn't much easier (although sometimes I flip open the KB to type in a contact's name). There's no perfect device, but I think you can't go wrong with either decision.

I wish HTC would make a phone like the Sony Ericsson P900 series... A touch screen with a flip-up dialing keypad for when you just want a friggin phone...