View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 05:00 PM
solarflarex
Halfway to VIP Status

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is anyone going to get the new HTC EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Yeah, but WP7 seems like MS is trying to be like Apple now, and it's frustrating. They're taking everything that's great about WM6.5 and getting rid of it, and that sucks.

For screen size, I don't know if I really want anything bigger than 4.3". I've seen 5" devices in the hands of a user in pictures and it just looks way too big for comfort. When the HD came out, I always thought that if they added a half inch to that 3.8" screen, it'd be huge, but still the perfect size. Any more than that probably wouldn't work for me. I'd like to see how big they can get and if people will even buy devices that big though...it'll be interesting to see.
Dont knock it before its finalized... i actually just did some reading on it.. because I haven't for awhile. I found some really promising stuff for it. like this:

As we delve deeper into what current Silverlight programmers are up to in exploring Windows Phone 7, a few things are becoming evident:

Generally speaking, they love it
It's easy
There's lots of development and excitement amongst the community

Sounds like things are looking up. I doubt it will be dumbed down like apple. It seems like they are making it very easy and functional to provide maximum code portability etc.... Which is a bit more than apple and android in order of gestapo towards freedom have in their toolsets..

On a side note while looking I came across this.. no more sneaking texts at stoplights woot!!!

http://marketplace.windowsphone.com/...3Dvoicepredict

oh and for the 5" devices.. If you are carrying about 4.3 why not 5? substitute it for a slatePC. Dont even think about buying an iPad... and your good to go. Your "Everything" device. 4.3 seems bordering small still.. i want some screen real estate.

Last edited by solarflarex; 05-14-2010 at 05:08 PM.