View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 02:33 PM
solarflarex
Halfway to VIP Status

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is anyone going to get the new HTC EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
android>iWinmo
Thats definately an opinion... Android is basically just another app device isn't it? I understand it runs on a linux kernel, but I think you are pretty much stuck with whatever amateurs decide to code for google. (do they have an apple like toolset with limited function?)

With wm7 there will be a ton of professional developers along with the rest of the coding communities that are long established that will make great games and programs (not apps) for the device.

There is alot of speculation about wm7 and compatibility with older os, if its going to be a cut down os like iPhone and android, but I think when it all pans out we are going to have a better device than both droid and iphone, and I can't wait to play some xboxlive stuff while commuting etc...

wm phones have always been way more functional with many more choices than any other phone, and I dont see that changing any time soon. Try dual booting your android device.. maybe its possible. I haven't looked at the droid forums to see if their devices can run wm... but you can do it the other way.

It is also more likely that the development community will code wm for android vs the other way around in the future.. but my speculation on this one could be way out in left field.

Google is "the man" anyway and you have the gestapo of apple not very "choice" if you ask me....

Last edited by solarflarex; 05-14-2010 at 02:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.