View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 02:20 PM
bast525
Regular 'Geeker

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Task killers are bad...

After reading several different threads on various Android forums, I too was convinced that I didn't need or want a task killer on my incredible. So I removed ATK and just ran it as is for a couple days.

I have to say, experiment failed. After a day I noticed my phone was chugging pretty badly. Swiping between screens and web browsing, loading apps... just a lot of stutters and choppiness. So I reinstalled ATK and opened it to find my reported available RAM was 30 MB. I killed off some stuff I knew didnt need to be running, saw my RAM jump up to 110 MB, and noticed my phones performance improve IMMEDIATELY.

Now, I will say that I am using ATK almost exclusively to kill 3rd party apps I've downloaded from the market. Most of the apps that are stock on the phone have been put on the ignore list.

I am now definitely convinced that ATK serves a good purpose and won't be removing it again.

Last edited by bast525; 05-14-2010 at 02:23 PM.