View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 08:23 AM
amcq10
PPCGeeks Regular

amcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

Wanted to share some feedback for the MR Full Force ROM.

I loaded this one first day, then loaded SE a couple days later just to see which one I should use. I quickly went back to FF, wanting the extra stuff offered by this ROM.

I also, very quickly, did the Menu Bar edit that moves the RightSoftKey over to the very far left.. disabling any X/OK buttons that might be there.

Thus, I have no "onscreen" Start or X/OK buttons.

I can say that my experience with this setup has been GREAT. There are various menus that you feel that you "need" the OK button to ensure that the change is made, HOWEVER, I have not found ANY that require OK for the change to be made..

I simply use the "back" hardware button (between start and End), and the changes that I made are saved as expected.

I know this works in:
Start - Settings - Home .. when choosing different theme, or background, or disabling Sense.. As soon as you hit the hardware 'back' button, the change you made is performed.. just like the OK button.

... Can't remember any other specific ones. But the bottom line is.. I've grown accustomed to "not" having the X/OK button, and I do not miss it.

For the VERY few programs that don't have a built-in Exit within the Menu, I usually just let them run in the background...

I've tried to take the stance of "let windows handle the resources" and, I have not experienced any ill side effects due to this. In fact, I would go as far to say that I've had less SoftResets on FF that on any previous MR version.

Yes the memory usage is up at 80% most of the time.. but, who cares, if the phone is still doing what I want, when I want it.

And for those of you who are wondering.. my GWES is at "48067 kb" today. (same thought as above.. I could care less what this value is, as long as the phone is still doing what I want, when I want.) This was checked with FDCSoft Task Manager.

In short, FF is great. It's what I wish I had been running on my TP2 since I got it last year.

Thanks Mighty for enabling these phones to be the amazing phones they were meant to be.
This post has been thanked 4 times.