kprice1658
Lurker

kprice1658 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
I can get you started with user customizations, add this package to your oem/tp2/common folder.
then make a XDA_UC folder on the root of your storage card. here are the templates for the most common emails, just edit in your info for login/password/name and add the xml to your XDA_UC folder.
here is the thread for how this works:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=owner

you can add anything you want done on first flash to the folder and it will install, make changes for you. it has a certain order it goes in so you can install cab files, then have a mortscript that moves the shortcuts into specific folders. also the mortscript i use creates shortcuts for all the programs that are on the storage card (like games) and also moves the shortcuts for the programs in the ROM that I couldn't find the app.dat or 409 folder that tells the shortcut where to install.

here's a great tutorial on mortscript, it can automate just about anything.
http://www.techparaiso.com/windows-m...p-for-ppc-user
Thankyou nrfitchett4...soon as I get the MMS figured out I'll tackle this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald View Post
Not sure if it's already been answered, but... don't use the HTC messaging client, does not work at all with MMS, I've tried every supposed fix with no success. The Arcsoft version that is included in the kitchen doesn't seem to work well with Verizon MMS either, but I did find another version that works.

I just installed it over the previous one. Incidentally, it's been giving me issues with the terminating randomly. I'm not sure if cooking it in will solve the issue. There's also a newer version I've yet to test, don't think it works out of the box.

Attaching both, the one marked Verizon is the one I'm using and works without further modifications.
Going to try this tonite. Sounds like leaving HTC and Manila messaging out and try the WM one plus add in your arcsoft verizon version will be what I try first. Post back the results later...

Thanks guys - this place is awesome!
Kevin