View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 02:18 PM
ToxicToastKatz
PPCGeeks Regular

ToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good workToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 04/13/10 | Fresh Rom 2.0d (Android 2.1) | Rosie LWP w/Espresso + OpenGL Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
Make sure to backup your SD card, as the instructions below will wipe your SD card!!!

You have to setup a partition on your SD card. It's in the RA menu (with the phone powered off, hold down home and press power). There are three settings. For the first one (can't remember the acronym), I set it to 0. Then, I set the Ext setting to a custom value (depending on the size of the SD card). Then set the rest for storage, like putting your files/music/etc. You should be good to go. I'd set this up prior to flashing the rom, just to be safe.
If I were to partition the SD card (and already have Fresh 2.0d installed and running), it's my understanding that upon reboot, everything will move over to the SD card.

I wouldn't mind doing the steps in the proper order, however, I don't want to re-setup my phone, so my question is this:

If i wipe the phone and partition the card can I then restore my latest Nandroid backup to avoid having to set up the phone again, or will the latest realize that APPS2SD wasn't loaded on it?