View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 01:23 AM
jbearamus
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HD2 not compatible with att 3g?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimipeopl View Post
Hi everyone,

Even though ATT has 3g coverage in my area, my hd2 does not connect to the 3g network. After talking to an HTC consumer service agent, and editing the settings of the exisitng MEdia Net connection, I'm still not able to connect to the 3g network, anybody has a suggestion?

P.S HTC support told me that my device is the South African version and might not be compatible with att. should I be concerned about this comment?

appreciate your help
yes you did post in the wrong forum, but a mod will move it eventually and i will answer your question

the HD2 is not compatible with att 3G because att and tmobile's 3g networks run on a different frequency, HTC only put a radio in the HD2 that is compatible with tmobile's network and i think some network up in canada, i dont remember what band it is but they refer to it as AWS and as far as i know, no one else uses it
so yeah, if you move it to att or roam international with it (unless its canada) you're stuck with EDGE