madoc
PPCGeeks Regular

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC EVO 4G /Supersonic HANDS ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
From what I've seen, AMOLED doesn't really make a difference in battery life in real world usage. It's more power hungry than LCD TFTs when displaying light colors (think of what that means for web browsing), and has to crank to max brightness for any visibility when ambient light is high. Any power savings from dark colors and low-light scenarios are basically a wash.

And although CDMA is supposedly a little more power hungry than GSM (and who knows about WIMAX), the battery will be 1500 mAh vs 1230 in the HD2. I think most people will make it through a day OK. Not really an issue for me anyway though since I work in an office and I can top off the battery any time I need to.
Good stuff, thanks. I thought the HD2 also came with a stock 1500. That does make me feel a little better. I could also go for an extended battery. I really hate being a slave to the charger, but I'll deal with it if I have to.

The sprint overdrive 4G portable router has an 1830 battery and get's about 3 hours of usage. Not exactly a fair comparison, but I have a feeling that we may be turning 4G on and off judiciously.