View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 11:17 AM
bedoig
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC EVO 4G /Supersonic HANDS ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc View Post
Awesome, now you are letting the doubt creep in!

Seriously though, I worry that the EVO is only going to get 5 hours of battery life. The HD2 doesn't have 4G and is not quite making it through the day.
From what I've seen, AMOLED doesn't really make a difference in battery life in real world usage. It's more power hungry than LCD TFTs when displaying light colors (think of what that means for web browsing), and has to crank to max brightness for any visibility when ambient light is high. Any power savings from dark colors and low-light scenarios are basically a wash.

And although CDMA is supposedly a little more power hungry than GSM (and who knows about WIMAX), the battery will be 1500 mAh vs 1230 in the HD2. I think most people will make it through a day OK. Not really an issue for me anyway though since I work in an office and I can top off the battery any time I need to.
This post has been thanked 1 times.