jonoball88
PPCGeeks Regular

jonoball88 is keeping up the good workjonoball88 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I have a similar setup except my car stereo is a "carputer". I use a Samsung Q1U as my head unit and can control my phone through it.
Since there probably are not many settings that you can change on the Alpine unit, go into bluetooth settings on your phone. Slide over to the settings page and then tap on the "Wireless Controls" module.
From there go into bluetooth settings and tap on the tab that has the gears on it. Slide on down to advanced configurations and tap on serial ports to see whats in there.
Go on back up to add a device and tap on it. (make sure the alpine is in pairing mode). See if it picks up any new ports.
FWW, it looks like mike is not using the standard WM bluetooth manager and that may be where the problem lies.
Also, on my properties I have the folowing:
Stereo Audio
Hands Free
Bluetooth Serial Port (COM4)
Bluetooth Serial Port (COM3)

David
hey david, the only thing in my serial port with my phone paired to my alpine unit is " incoming serial port ( com1) and when i try add a new device it still picks up the alpine unit that i have already synced to. Like you said i wonder if its because of the bluetooth manager mike is using.. would anybody have a cab of the original one or another manager i could try? Ive already called alpine and they said everything should work!