View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 08:17 PM
banden
Droidgeek

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My personal opinion: Droid vs. Incredible

I was very impressed with the Incredible. The touch aspect of the touch screen was far better; more precise and the multi touch was WAY smoother. Go to a store open up a browser on both phones and try the pinch zoom. It's crazy the difference. Also the onscreen keyboard is much easier to type on than the droid because of the multi touch and the accuracy.

I definately use my Droid for playing NESoid and Gameboid so the keyboard is a must have for those... mind you the new app in the market that allows you to connect a WII-mote for gaming is beyond epic, but I don't want to carry a wiimote with me everywhere so... still not enough.

The incredible's size is nice, smaller. And it is lightweight without feeling cheap; although if you're used to the weight of the droid it's an adjustment.

- I want to wait and see how people report on the physical wear and tear.
- I want to see what the development community churns out once a custom recovery is installed.
- I want to see what kind of development community forms around it... the Moto Droid has a pretty big following.

So I would say that if the Droid Incredible gets rooted and rom'd and seems to hold up well to normal wear and tear, I'll buy one in the next month or so.