View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 05:55 PM
willysp
A Geek For Eons

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
thanks for the link. gonna try to sort myself and be at least a little useful. when I sorted the one from ppckitchen.org it didn't seem to have the OEMXipKernel files in it. is this normal?
i'll compare what i ended up with vs the downloaded one.
Yes, OEMXIPKernel doesn't change with each MS build. We typically just copy a known good copy from another build.

I have a full, correctly sorted copy of 23569 - with either the Sprint 6.5 OEMXIPKernel, or Groove's updates to it. Let me know if you want.

Also, it's best to use modules instead of files for BaseApps, MediaOS and OS. My sort has both files and modules - pieced together from a couple of different distributions.

And just to be clear - I'm not claiming any special powers here. Once you've done it a couple of times, and know what to look for , it takes 5 minutes. And I didn't do any real work, except move files from one source directory into a different target directory. It's really very simple once you know where things go!

(But I'm talking about the 235xx COM5 builds; what welrope does with other COMx builds in adding Office and/or threaded email DOES take more work)

Last edited by willysp; 05-10-2010 at 06:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.