View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 05:59 PM
djp952
PPCGeeks Regular

djp952 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.4 23568 05/08/10

1.4a working great here. Haven't done any texting yet other than a couple test IMs to my GoPhone, can't comment on the updated HTC Messaging yet. I did see some new stuff during setup regarding secure messaging, though. New SYS feels better than the previous one thus far, my appreciation to you!

Question ... you didn't take out HTC Task Manager and replace it with Showcase again just because of my comments, did you? I would feel bad if that's the case, I/we can always install Showcase on our own. It's your ROM, Drellisdee, you should make it the way you want to

Things like non-standard resource DLLs probably cause a lot of people grief, but they should also understand that it's par for the course sometimes. One thought I have there that might be a best of both worlds is that you could put recmodded versions of the nonstandard DLLs into something like \My Documents\Drellisdee on the ROM. You wouldn't be distributing anything that's technically not already in the ROM, keeping the defaults you want, and yet still enable those that want to tinker with things the ability to do it reasonably easily. Just a thought. I really think if you prefer HTC Task Manager, that's what should be in the ROM. $0.02.

Thanks as always for all the hard work. I still love it and always look forward to see what you've got up your sleeve. Wish I could do more to help other than just provide feedback that usually says nothing but "works great! woot!"