View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Hawaii Tom
PPCGeeks Regular

Hawaii Tom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 23654 | 5/08

@mshnadye: One of the issues with many Bluetooth earpieces is that they work fine with the phone apps, but can't be used to listen to music. I already had a Jawbone 2, but just upgraded to the new ICON when I read that it could announce the number calling in the earpience AND has a flashable ROM for future upgrades. Aliph has a website called MyTalk that allows you to change announcer voices and apps. I've been successfully using Voice Dialing, which works well with WinMo 6.5 on the TD, but they just added A2DP compatability, which means I can now hear my mp3's through my earpiece, in mono mind you, but convenient as heck. This is what Wikipedia says about A2DP:

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
This profile defines how high quality audio (stereo or mono) can be streamed from one device to another over a Bluetooth connection.[1] For example, music can be streamed from a mobile phone to a wireless headset or car audio or from a laptop/desktop to a wireless headset.
A2DP was initially used in conjunction with an intermediate Bluetooth transceiver that connects to a standard audio output jack, encodes the incoming audio to a Bluetooth-friendly format, and sends the signal wirelessly to Bluetooth headphones that decode and play the audio. Bluetooth headphones, especially the more advanced models, often come with a microphone and support for the Headset (HSP), Hands-Free (HFP) and Audio/Video Remote Control (AVRCP) profiles.
A2DP is designed to transfer a uni-directional 2-channel stereo audio stream, like music from an MP3 player, to a headset or car radio.