View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 03:09 AM
sjs01
PPCGeeks Regular

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Worth the wait? Will it one day be "complete enough"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeeee View Post
I think some of you are missing the point. The fact that there are a lot of newer and better android phones has no bearing on whether developers want to finish porting android to older HTC phones. Theres 2 reasons for working on the port. #1 is that it is interesting and fun. #2 is that they already OWN these phones and aren't likely to buy a new one until their contract runs out.
I get there are a lot of newer and better android phones, but as stated most don't have the best keyboards. I understand that the full port probably won't be around for a long time, if ever. I would hope so but I doubt it. That being said, those are not only the 2 reasons people would continue with this port, it's possible that they really like the look and design, and keyboard of the Touch Pro 2 and would like to have android working on it. It's also possible that there are some developers that are on old sprint plans with good perks and the best phone they can get is a Touch Pro 2 (without upgrading and paying a lot more a month), and they would like to have android on the phone.

I don't know if the android port will ever be completed or not, I would love it to be (because I am on an old Sprint plan, and I can't get a newer android device), but at the same time I don't think it will be.