View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 02:57 PM
newkidd
PPCGeeks Regular

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Getting Bored With TP2??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
We crazy? Sorry but installing new ROM's doesn't improve how Windows Mobile is. Like I said in my earlier post....Windows Mobile doesn't have jack out there other than tweaks and Cooked ROM's....and to me that just doesn't cut it. Yeah, you may be able to install cabs to the new rom, and get rid of junk but does it really enhance the device anymore than the previous? I really don't think so. Apps for Windows Mobile are few and far between....and most of them that I've looked for are really old, and lackluster. I don't know of any barcode scanner software for the TP2 or Windows Mobile, I also don't see police lights app that I have searched for....But the Android App store has both...and they run great on Android Devices.

Android is gaining on the Apple App store...if you read the post on the main page of PPCgeeks you'll notice Android apps store is predicted to surpass the Apple App store in the future at its current rate... The Interface of Android is much more pleasing, less clunky.

Oh and by creating a new ROM or downloading a new ROM that's un official your actually voiding your phones warranty....Yeah, there are ways of locking your phone but why take the risk? Is it that much better by changing skins, hacking the registry? You shouldn't have to do that to a OS...

HTC Evo here I come!

haha you complain about hacking the registry? do you even use windows? the registry gets "hacked" every time you change your background, etc. only difference is someone else does the work for you. I mean if you would rather have a toy than a phone, be my guest.

in order to unlock your phones maximum potentials, you have to "hack" the phone itself. want anything awesome on the android? you have to root it. want your iphone to do all this crazy cool stuff? jailbreak it.

all phone providers do is limit their phones capabilities so you are forced to buy the next greatest thing just for that capability.

you want a barcode scanner or a police light flasher? you'll use it for maybe a month and delete it. so arguments are moot. if you make a custom rom, you can make your phone do whatever you want. plus you can have something nobody else has.