View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 02:44 PM
newkidd
PPCGeeks Regular

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Energy or Mighty?

I honestly think you need to try more than just Mighty Rom and NRG roms. I like 6.5.x roms, and Mighty just doesnt do it for me. NRG roms are pretty solid, never had a problem. Actually all 3 of us Tech's at sprint had a variation of NRG roms, and they are very stable. 6.5.x itself isnt really a solid operating system. there are always glitches.

I think you need to try everything out. Personally ive started using XYC (xpress your cell) releases, and his newest GTX PM release has been the best ive used up to date.

Mighty Rom is going to be the most stable 6.5 release (with start menu at top left)
NRG 6.5.x CHT is pretty good as well.
XYCGTX PM edition looks amazing and runs smooth
XYC also has clean releases, where its pretty much just a barebones 6.5.x rom but it doesnt have either Max Manilla or CHT, but you can choose your own, skin your own, etc. without all that extra junk, its pretty quick and stable.

Roms are like ice cream flavors. some people like chocolate, some people like vanilla, and still others like rocky road and reeses peanutbutter cup.
unless you try them all how are you going to know your favorite?

Word of advice. before you pass judgement on any rom, take the advice of Dapbmonkey4u and do the flash dance.

flash to stock, hard reset (clear storage is best)
flash to custom rom, hard reset (clear storage is still best).

flashing roms over roms always tends to leave extra junk behind. dont believe me? flash a rom, check your free memory and free space. hard reset, and check again. you will be amazed!