View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 02:30 AM
randyamante
N00b

randyamante is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5/3/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21903 / 23566 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantAffordIt View Post
For the text notification, I can't figure out a way to dismiss the notification.

For the predictive texting. I go to the text tab on the slider. Either click the new text button, or click menu, then new. In the to box, it used to be predictive (start typing a contact, it would give you options), now you have to actually click the "To" area and select a contact.
Then when you start entering the text in the message area, it is by default on "ABC" but it doesn't matter if I click "XT9" or not, the program will not correct misspelled words or predict my words.
If you are replying to a message, here is what I notice:
If you click menu, then reply... it is the same, no predictive text.
If you click the message itself (in the messaging tab), it opens up the threaded messaging window or tab (I'm not sure what this is called), then you click in the blank space to begin typing your reply, now predictive texting works.
I am using the cab you posted earlier for the text bubbles, but I don't think that is the issue, I'll try uninstalling it and post back.
Edit: Uninstalling the text bubbles cab makes no difference. I would reflash, but I forgot to charge the phone last night and don't have enough battery left to do so.
This is exactly my experience. I searched forums and checked out everything that was suggested. I even re-flashed the [05.03.2010]MikROM_23566 rom. No change. I went back to the [05.01.2010]MikROM_Light_23566 rom. No problems with predictive text.