xjack
N00b

xjack is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Is anyone experiencing fast battery drainage with the SE Version? I left my house for work this morning at 8:30 and my phone was fully charged. I have been using Slacker Radio, no phone calls, just a few text and now I am at 40% Battery level.
Any one else having the same issue please report.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjack View Post
It's too early to tell since I haven't cycled enough times (on #2), but I've noticed Slacker over Wifi sucked up about 10% battery per hour on my first cycle.

I took it off the charger yesterday morning and with a couple dozen texts and ten calls I'm at 55% right now (36 hours later). Just turned on Slacker over the Phone Speaker so I'll post up with my batt life in a bit.
Followup- Since my last device was a Treo 700w, I didn't have the variety of stuff to check out or connectivity options as the Pro2.

So now that my feet are wet, I thought I'd share the results about what I learned. Asking this question prompted me to do some easy tests.

I ran 15 mins of Slacker over Wifi with a couple of texts - 4% drain. Then ran another 30 mins of slacker with nothing else - 5% drain. So, roughly 10% per hour.

Then I ran an hour of Slacker over Ev with nothing else and it used over 30% in 1hr

The number may have been skewed a bit since the battery hasn't been cycled through, I'm thinking that sucker dropped pretty fast after it got under 15%.

And some discharge readings, just for fun.

Idle (Screen 50%) - 135mA (range is 80 to 130)
Idle (screen Dim) - 70mA (range is 35 to 70)
Idle with WiFi active - 300mA
Idle with 3G - 375mA
Slacker Wifi with speaker - 350mA
Slacker 3G with speaker - 425mA

I've dropped a bunch of cabs on this ROM and it's still solid with tons of battery life. The WiFi/3G just burn it up, that's all.