PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

johncal is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MR1 questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
lol again. isn't that why you are upgrading? using backup software after an upgrade is going to make your phone run just as bad or worse then it did "out of the box".

LOL. You obviously don't know what you're talking about, and your last statement makes it obvious.

The upgrade is performed to fix CORE issues like bluetooth, radio, Verizon TV services, etc. These changes aren't even in the windows portion of the ROM but in the HTC code. Where they interface with windows they use standard commands that windows really couldn't care less about other than that it sees them in the registry. As far as the upgrade is concerned, Verizon makes it as close to stock as possible with bug fixes in individual lines of code, or in sections of code. It doesn't rewrite instructions in the registry where custom lines of code have been inserted by 3rd party software.The things that are "backed up" are custom settings, e-mail, custom software installations, and things of this nature.

Now if you were talking about cooked ROMs where entire sections of code have been hacked or modified, then I may agree with you. However there is NOTHING wrong with trying a backup - restore since the worst thing that can happen is that you'd have to hard reset and then load programs one at a time like you suggested.

You're basically trying to defend your position and earlier statements by "hoping" that I have some weird issue down the road to prove you right.

Yeah, what you're saying COULD be right for some people, but NOT for me, and all I am doing is merely reporting what worked for me, and I think you'd have a hard time proving MY phone is having issues, since it is obviously not... but according to you, I'm so dumb, I probably don't even know it. Hey, thanks for telling me I don't know what worked on my phone and you do. You have supernatural insight.... or you're wrong about this one, in this case.

Last edited by johncal; 05-02-2010 at 01:28 PM.