View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 04:58 PM
nrfitchett4
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: which rom is right for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrotrike View Post
I've been contemplating flashing too. Been lurking the forums for a few weeks, reading about pros and cons of the top ROMS.

What I am looking for is a "bare bones" ROM (or a way to uninstall the un-needed apps). I don't need all the added bull that comes with 6.5 from Sprint (sprint tv, nfl, youtube, marketplace, nascar, etc). Who really reads pdf files on their phones? I don't.

The only thing I use my phone for is PHONE CALLS, texting, and the occasional web browsing session. I find the 6.5 ('official' sprint upgrade) pretty annoying to use when you have to go through 4 steps to text someone, and 4 steps to get back to your home screen. Don't even get me started on the ridiculous method of deleting texts. What ever happened to "tap - hold - delete"?

Sure these ROMS are pretty, but for me, it's useless eye candy. This is why I never updated my 5 year old Mogul. I prefer the plain-jane Windows Mobile look, and it works for what I want it to do.

Don't get me wrong, I am by NO means bashing ANY of the ROMS, but what about those of us who don't need their phone to tell us the weather by flash lightning on their screens, when they are sitting next to a window and KNOW it's raining with lightning?
go here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118553
and make your own ROM. it's like Burger King, it's your way. If you have a few hours, you can play around with it. you can also find the oem ROMs in the custom ROM section, so if you screw up, you can go back to stock.

This post has been thanked 1 times.