kronik420
PPCGeeks Regular

kronik420 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
Well, IT has my laptop and I made your suggestion to them in an email. Not sure if they instinctively would do that, or if they would take another path.

Thanks and thanked!

If I may add to this when you boot into safe mode with networking support you need to open and run a program called rkill http://www.technibble.com/rkill-repa...the-week/after the program has finished. Your explorer will automatically restart and you will be looking at your desktop open up malware bytes and then click on update it should go through and do the update if it does not do then update and it says malwarebytes cannot connect to update site. You need to open up the program files folder open up the malware bytes folder you will see a program in there that says MBAM.exe rightclick mbam.exe and click rename name it something totally different like shs123.exe after that click ok double click shs123.exe program will open up then click update after it has downloaded the updates run a full scan. Delete everything it finds it will ask you to restart the computer say yes. When the computer gets back to normal mode go to start, my computer, c drive, windows, system 32, drives, etc, open up your host file an open file window will come up choose to open with notepad normal host file should only have 127.0.0.1 localhost if your on xp if your on vista
127.0.0.1 local host
::1
anything below that line ie would need to be deleted
127.0.0.1 local host
::1
65.45.34.23 virusfree download <~~~~~~ you need to delete anything that looks like this
After that is done go back to program files under malwarebytes folder double click shs123.exe go to quarentine and delete everything in quarentine. After that click scanner run another full scan should take about 30 minutes to a few hours depending on how big your harddrive is and thats it virus free computer. That way if you fix yourself your IT department won't put restrictions against your account depending on the company you work for several of the companies I do consultanting for makes me put restrictions against the account on a domain level that prevents a lot of things that you used to be able to do. Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 2 times.