View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Lsme420
The Pusher Man

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxqc View Post
Hi All,

One of my client has about 40 DELL Axim X51 w/ WM5 installed. We want to know if it's possible to remove most built-in apps as PIE, Media Player, etc...

I tried to delete shortcuts from Windows\StartMenu folder but some of them, I can't delete. For example, deleting PIE tells me it's a protected/locked file ...

I've searched the forum but haven't found anything interesting...
I could be speaking out of line but Im almost 99% sure that its not possible to remove a app built into the rom. You could flash a custom C&S rom to it if you can find one for that device. Also I don't know anything about you clients Dell but on my ppc a program called total commander will allow me to delete more than the stock wm 5/6 file manager.

Last edited by Lsme420; 01-31-2008 at 09:47 AM.