View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 10:01 AM
pimpsuprazx
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stop 3g Data From Turning on While WIFI is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinonice4 View Post
I have my phone setup so that my wifi is on even when I turn the screen off. However, after an hour or so the 3g data will turn on as well. Not only does this decrease my battery life by even more, I am never sure if I am using the 3g data or wifi when getting online. Obviously wifi will be faster so I would prefer to manually turn on 3g if I need it rather than it coming on randomly.

Can anyone explain to me why my 3g data is turning on and how to stop it from happening? I never get far enough from my home network to trigger the 3g data to start and I currently don't have email being pushed to my phone. The only scheduled data services that I know of would be updating the weather on my phone. Other than that, I have no idea what might cause it.
why wouldn't you be able to just go into comm manager and turn off data?

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME