View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 04:22 AM
veblen64
PPCGeeks Regular

veblen64 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flash went fine for me -- it hung up and restarted a few times at 11% but I just let it run, and eventually it finished all by itself.

This ROM took much longer to flash than previous ROMs did. As others have said: Be patient.

I was flashing from 2.17 and used the new ROM version with the missing "e" (you must rename from .ex to .exe and it will run). ... Also, I did NOT interrupt the Sprint bloatware loading. ... Flashing from desktop w/ XP Pro.

GPS works great! So far it seems more accurate and sensitive than I had expected. Wow. ... iGuidance opens up and connects right away to GPS with 5/7 satellites, sometimes up to 7/7, and that's indoors at my desk (a few feet from a window). I have the GPS settings set to let Windows auto-manage, and changed settings in iG to COM 4 and 9600 baud. Google Maps -- same deal, and works fine. ... Again, I don't have to launch Live Search or anything to initiate GPS connection -- iG now finds it and connects in a heartbeat.

I did NOT have to mess with any MSL/MSID/MDN-related settings. At first, it told me that it could not connect to PowerVision yadda-yadda, but then I just soft-reset and launched PIE again, and the device ran IOTA update all by itself. Data and phone work fine without changing any of those settings manually. ... Similarly, it seemed that to get the GPS working I needed to run the Sprint Nav program trial and it installs needed GPS components, then other programs have no problem using the GPS.

Rev. A seems to be working, but speeds are quite variable. Sometimes over 900 download, sometimes under 400 download.

Active Sync works fine still. Anyone who's having trouble with that, try deleting your old partnership(s).

Regarding the GPS vs. aGPS issue, I soft-reset with the Mogul in flight mode, and I'm getting 7/8 satellites. Not sure if that proves anything though.