View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 03:35 AM
AstronusX
PPCGeeks Regular

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AstroGPSLauncher - Launch Tomtom/iGuidance/Other

First I would like to say thanks to Shadowmite and Baffles for their idea of GPS Launcher. Shadowmite's GPSLauncher and Baffles' GPS Launcher are great gps launcher but aren't suite my need so I decided to write one myself.

Shadowmite's GPSLauncher is nice and compact but more work, I need to launch the application and click the 'Tomtom' to launch it (2 step). I like Baffles' idea when click on it and launch immediately but unfortunately it use .NET use lot of RAM.

I have issue on both application for tomtom is that when turn off the screen or someone call in, gps connection get lost and re-click it to open up the gps port for tomtom.

This AstroGPSLauncher open the gps port and launch 'gps application'. AstroGPSLauncher will close itself upon 'gps application' exit in which won't have issue when someone call in or turn off the phone.

iGuidance has issue with refresh the screen. To get iGuidance work correctly you need to get GPS Gate to redirect com 4 to com 2 and use this launcher to launch iGuidanceQVGA.exe, on iGuidance set to com 2. This way won't have map refresh issue.

--How to use this AstroGPSLauncher ---
--Copy AstroGPSLauncher to your Main Memory
\AstroGPSLauncher\AstroGPSLauncher.exe
(YOu can copy AstroGPSLauncher to SD Card but you need to change the path inside the shortcut if you use)

This launcher launch gps application through parameter(if you know what I meant) . I have provide two shortcuts 'Tomtom Launcher' which and 'iGuidance Launcher' for your need(Make sure you install tomtom app or iGuidance to main memory which you should). If you install on different location, you need to use notepad and edit the shortcut to correct gps application and icon or you can use 'SK Shortcut Manager' to create a short that point to your launcher.

SK Shortcut Manager - New Short cut Instruction
Name = you provide
Command = select AstroGPSLauncher
Parameters = select your gps application
and set icon to your gps application.

BTW, this application only take 2k of RAM (very small) and 10k for disk memory. It much less memory usage than Shadowmite's GPSLauncher and Baffles' GPS Launcher

If you like this application, please give some comments.

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....PSLauncher.zip
This post has been thanked 5 times.