View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 11:59 AM
greeced
N00b

greeced is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond dropped in water :(

My Diamond was 100% fully working after the third day. Moments after I plugged it in to the USB port and fired up MyMobile to take things off it. However keep in mind again, that I took it apart on day 1 moments after being submerged.

Just prior to that, The screen would only fire up with vertical lines on it, and the screen in areas appeared the same as pressing two pieces of flat glass together with a bit of liquid in between. Similar to those glass plates you would put under a microscope in science class.. You remember science class right? lol.

But once the screen reappeared fully, that "watermark" disappeared. Strange occurance indeed.

Here's a thing to try, through MyMobile, make sure "Fast charging" is enabled if you have that option in your phone, then plug your USB in. Diamonds noticeably heat up when charging this way, and it may help along the process. Judging from what you told me (it working all but the screen), this might help clear up any water on contacts within the screen and you, like me might see it reappear.

Bell is terrible, but I haven't ruled out going with them again in October until I do research on all cell companies to see what their customer service is like... No sense in leaving one company only to experience the same problems with the others. One thing I won't do is go with Wind Mobile. Even though its enticing, their Home Areas are way too small to make it worth while, so I will be sticking with one of the Big 3.

As for what type of HSPA (3G+), I'm not sure yet. I might go with one of their contract offer phones, or might by a Nexus One outright, or even purchase a European phone provided it works here. My contract doesn't end til October so I have plenty of time to think about it.

Either way, I'm hoping it will be an Android phone, as it looks like Google is going full speed ahead with its development and it looks like its ticking everyone off. I'm liking their push the envelope ways, and that means great things for whomever owns one.