Lurker
Threadstarter

ZALI- is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond dropped in water :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeced View Post
If the screen is not working due to water damage, thats not a malfunction, but because moisture is causing it.

Trust me, the screen will pop back on. Interesting that you said MyMobile. The exact program I used to see my phone too. but as I plugged it in one time to activesync everything out, the screen popped back to life.

You're almost there, it will eventually come back on.

From what I gather, your warranty is void now due to those water damage stickers.. but it doesn't hurt to try.

EDIT: In regards to warranty, I'll tell you how bad Bell is. I had an old Samsung U740. Never dropped in water once. I've always had issues with it, and expressed that to bell. They told me to bring it in and they told me there was water damage because the sticker changed colour. Low and behold they said the warranty was void.

How did the sticker change colour you ask? LOL too funny, because I answered it one time when it was raining and the moisture in the air got inside the phone, no actual drops of water.
Thanks for your reply. I got a couple of questions for you. How long did it take you to get your Diamond fully working?

And where exactly is the water sticker? Is it at the bottom of the compartment where the outlet and battery meet (Those three gold coloured metal things)?

Want to hear my issues with Bell? I had an old Palm Treo 700wx. On the bill it said $750 for internet usage! I didn't even turn the internet on once. When we told them, over the phone, they said take it instore. Then at the store they said they can't do anything. They said talk to customer service, and say this, and told us something, I can't remember anything from what they had said.

They gave back a 100 something dollars.

I also had another trouble with the phone. Very low reception. I could not get any incoming calls. Also when the reception was ok at places, the sound of the person was very unclear, and weird-sounding, I could not make what the person was saying. I had it for a year, before when I had it, it was fine, it just happend suddenly. After a loooong talk in-store, they gave me this Diamond, and the charged for it too.

What kind of HSPA phone are you getting?