View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 12:57 PM
ChrisH09
Halfway to VIP Status

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Getting Bored With TP2??

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkidd View Post
man yalls is crazy! ive had my TP2 since sprint released it and ive never been happier with it. so you have lost the desire to search for "new" stuff. there are brand new roms released every day. have you tried emulators? you cannot honestly tell me you have played every single snes game.

if you are bored with it, start making a custom rom. rstoyguy has an excellent thread that explains the ins and outs of making a rom here. you can practically use anybody's kitchen and work on cooking up something fun.

just my 2 cents.
We crazy? Sorry but installing new ROM's doesn't improve how Windows Mobile is. Like I said in my earlier post....Windows Mobile doesn't have jack out there other than tweaks and Cooked ROM's....and to me that just doesn't cut it. Yeah, you may be able to install cabs to the new rom, and get rid of junk but does it really enhance the device anymore than the previous? I really don't think so. Apps for Windows Mobile are few and far between....and most of them that I've looked for are really old, and lackluster. I don't know of any barcode scanner software for the TP2 or Windows Mobile, I also don't see police lights app that I have searched for....But the Android App store has both...and they run great on Android Devices.

Android is gaining on the Apple App store...if you read the post on the main page of PPCgeeks you'll notice Android apps store is predicted to surpass the Apple App store in the future at its current rate... The Interface of Android is much more pleasing, less clunky.

Oh and by creating a new ROM or downloading a new ROM that's un official your actually voiding your phones warranty....Yeah, there are ways of locking your phone but why take the risk? Is it that much better by changing skins, hacking the registry? You shouldn't have to do that to a OS...

HTC Evo here I come!

Last edited by ChrisH09; 04-27-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: grammer correction.