View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 12:13 PM
NeroDan
PPCGeeks Regular

NeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

My FF review:

Things I like...
  • Most menus are much more finger friendly.
  • Threaded email
  • The time/date in SMS
  • It's speedy
  • The taskbar is sleek and awesome (although I really want the % display like the SE screenshot)
  • The autoprovisioning: this should stop about half the "my keyboard doesn't work right" questions

Issues so far...and I know some/all of these may not be issues with MM's ROM, and just the WM build.
  • I've had some lag with the text message box entry with the hardware keyboard.
  • Sometimes the task manager will take a few hits to come up, sometimes not at all (May be that sometimes, even with 6.5, you couldn't bring up the tm in some certain screens)
  • In the Album application, the lower bar disappears and the "X" is on top again.
  • The right soft key is not on the side (I know Mike's already discussed this, it just bothers me)
  • The SIP overlaps some of the bottom menu on the SMS screen and others
  • I had to reprovision to get my internet working twice now, it happened after a soft reset...no idea what caused it?
  • I want the percentage on the battery from SE!!
  • Where did bubble breaker go?

GWES on boot: 21627kB (MM official 3/23: around 17xxxkb with the same cabs installed)

In conclution, the ROM is amazing...I've only been on MR Official releases until now, but I won't be going back to 6.5. The multitasking is great, running groovemobile, texting, with opera and google maps open and it doesn't even flinch...yesterday it was choking doing the same on 6.5. Have no fear about switching to the latest and greatest, you can see most of my gripes are nitpicky. I've also had no problems with incompatable programs either. I highly reccommend FF. Damn good job Mike.

FYI for those wondering:
Cabs:
Ziggy's Startmenu Mod
inigma
s2u2
G-Config
Homescreen editor
Flashlight
IMDB
Audiopara
GPS location
File Explorer extention
imnuts MMS
Nitrogen audio player
MS Tagreader
Netflix
psShutXP
Inbox extender
Midomi
Area Code DB
Groovemobile
Swype
Stopwatch

Running Titatium

Edit: There's so many little things I didn't post under what I like too...ie the wait cursor, haha.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (61.2 KB, 59 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (117.2 KB, 56 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen03.jpg (57.3 KB, 48 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen04.jpg (53.4 KB, 46 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by NeroDan; 04-27-2010 at 12:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.