View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 02:55 AM
BlackDynamite
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone have an idea on the price for the Evo 4G?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
Notice my point was not related to hardware. I know that the HD2/EVO 4G/Incredible all share similar hardware specs. My point was that Android phones are generally cheaper because there is no software license like on WinMo phones.

Oddly enough, though, I just checked T-Mo's website and they have the HD2 for $199 (on a new line, of course)... not sure if that's how it's been priced all along or maybe they're trying to compete w/ VZW on the Incredible... btw does T-Mo even offer upgrade discounts?
The Incredible is different. It has a smaller AMOLED screen. It's closer to a Nexus One than an HD2. The HD2 is basically the exact same hardware as the Evo though. The only difference is that front camera and the CMDA/WiMax versus the GSM/HSPA of the HD2.

And I'm pretty sure T-Mobile offers upgrades (but I don't have T-Mobile so I guess I can't say for certain)...

I agree with you though- Android is free, WinMo is not. But for a general ballpark on what we should expect to pay, look at the HD2. The hardware is almost identical, and the plans are pretty similar too.