View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 02:37 PM
JQuill
Regular 'Geeker

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM][TMO][21-4-10]LIA ROM Series [STD+GLASS] V1.7 23563 2.10 Smooth_Fast★Extendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsbbq View Post
Glad you got it working. I won't get in to all the reasons of why I have to password the file and have the blog site, but I can quickly say there are people pirating the links from file sharing services. Why does this matter? Well even if you have premium accounts they have bandwidth limits. And just like last night One of my files was download 400 times from the web and not from my site. This caused me to run out of bandwidth and had to pay for additional bandwidth to keep my files online. Enough about that.

For the flashing process I know I explained it to you already, but I might as well explain it here also for others.

First your comments above are inaccurate. The process I'm using is the same process that is performed when you flash a factory shipped ROM from the .exe file. Why does it seem strange to you? Because when you flash a shipped ROM it is all done in the background so you never knew what was happening.

It has been known for a long time flashing multiple custom ROMS can sometimes cause strange problems to creep up. This is in part due to the flash process with the LeoCustomRUU.exe which is what most people are used to, and would call normal way of flashing. It does not completely clear all of the storage and thus can potentially can lead to issues.

This is why some of the ROM cooks will tell you to perform a mtty aka(Task29) to erase and clear the storage memory, and or flash a shipped ROM. (Why a shipped ROM? Because it does the same process as mtty and more)

Recently we were lucky that a couple of developers were able to extract the task29 process from the shipped ROM .exe file. First it was just another .nbh file and we had to flash a radio with it to work. Then they managed to make a small .exe file that would perform this Task29 process.

Ok the process is not perfect like in the shipped ROM .exe but it works well. After flashing with the Task29.exe the device will reset. When it starts to reset hold down the volume down button to re enter the boot loader mode again. (This is where Jquill got scared) If you don't get it in to boot loader mode the device will not boot up be cause the OS has been erased. Your device is not bricked! just remove the battery and put the device back in to boot loader mode and proceed to the next step.

Now the final step is to flash the ROM itself. Instead of using the LeoCustomRUU.exe I use the Original ROM Update utility which comes from the shipped ROM .exe file. Why do I use this? Because this Original ROM Update Utility also performs a Task28 which is the same as a hard reset. So when you flash your ROM you are performing all the same task as flashing a shipped ROM and you will have less chances of problems.

So I hope you can all see it's not that I'm trying to force you to do something all that different than flashing a shipped ROM. If you want to flash the old way be my guest just take the RUU_Signed.nbh out of the Original ROM update folder and you can flash with the standard LeoCustomRUU.exe.

And Jquill You always erase your phone os when you flash. You made it out like I was having you do something terrible. lol Just the process I do is even better. Also by doing this process there is no need to perform a hard reset after you flash. This alone saves you time.

Jquill all is well and glad you got it going. If you have any problem don't hesitate to contact me.
Thanks bro montana