View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Sabroso
PPCGeeks Regular

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Drain with MS Push to Mail AS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpower73 View Post
Sabroso,
I don't mind at all... but for some questions, I will answer them later.
1) I always use EVDO hybrid....
2) I always have two arrows on...
3) I sync everything with google; contacts, calendar, and gmail
4) I am using 'MINI HD' right now, ..... if you are asking about back light setting, 1 min to dim and 2 min to off.
Ok.. 5 and 6, I have to answer that later, my phone is in the bedroom, charging, and I do not want to wake up my wife.
PP73, Thanks a lot my Friend, sorry my poor english to express fine my self.
about :
1) I never understand why the USER GUIDE say in "evdo" you have 200 talk min and in "1X" you have like 500 talk min. I have never notice the difference. Maybe if you are roaming or in a non EVDO zone, so don't spend energy caching a Evdo tower that doesn't exit.
2) Actually Microsoft suggest to have always conection ON with PUSH TO MAIL. As you notice "conected" is not necesary transmition of bytes. IN word of Microsoft the conection is when you make a conection with the server, the server assigned you an IP, that enable "bytes" travel from one end to the other end.
Actually the Push Service send a request for a reply to the server, but the server tooks max 30 min to answer (less if an email reach the server before the 30 min) so in that way Microsoft said that the less conection you have to stablished, the less battery drain (the contraire/opposite of what people think).
Also MS said the traffic that PUSH TO MAIL generate along a month is just 16mb (well in the case you never turn off your device and you not receive any email during that months).

Did anyone know HOW can I set the "HEARTBEAT" of ActiveSync??? Default is MINIMUM 8min and MAX 28min, but MSDN say you can set it to 15 and 45 if your carrier doesn't have set some limits. So I hope my carrier is not the guilty.

3) CoOkie Monster was trying to search if the CALENDAR Sync was the guilty of the Battery Drain because some kind of loops conection.
4) Thanks Just recopilation info for dischart posible reason.

5) Someone with other ROM said that when he did a regedit change and update to .NETCFv35 . Battery Drain Stop.
In My case only after 2 weeks I have one day with more than 14hrs of battery life (and make not change to happend that)
6) I very interest if you have for example some program that would affect saving settings. I will search for th HDMINI Locker, but guess not.

Thanks in advance, and what can I say, go and lie down close to your wife, give her a Kiss or whatever kind of tenderness you like, she will be less .......... next time you turn on the PC.
Also 1973??
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-24-2010 at 03:07 AM.