View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Getitnowmarketing
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.3 23563 4/20/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PthPndr View Post
I'm not sure I'm feeling it for the 1.3 experimental, I'm not seeing any big speed differences however I'm a cookie user so it may be a moot point. I did have a few random lock-ups, a couple of them were just bouncing around in the mail settings pages.

Also, Google Maps doesn't work. I get a "c:\workspace" error, and installing the newer version over the top doesn't help.

I'll run it a while longer and see if it smooths out at all.
The experimental RC1.3 uses extendir filesystem and I have all the manila files out of the windows dir. Look in the extendir/windir/ directory. The are symlinked/ aliased in and appear in /windows but aren't really there. The xip and such is highly modified too. It seems googlemaps doesn't work with extendir. The idea behind it is to remove files from the /windows dir as that slows the phone down and group the 1000+ manila files in folders of 30-60 in the extendir directory (you can use it for other apps too). The reason for the longer boot is I have all the manila files zipped in rom and it unzips them on 1st boot to the extendir directory. This is the reason that manila mods don't work as the manila files aren't really in windows folder. I'm going to move it to public release for testing. Please clearly post that you are using experimental in feedback posts. On RC1.3 it spb benchmarked 897 for overall device. On RC1.3 Experimental it benchmarked 1283 for overall with the filesystem subtests doubled in score.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 04-23-2010 at 12:03 PM.